- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk washed and diced
- 1 zucchini washed and diced
- ¼ cabbage shredded
- 500gm mixed frozen vegetables
- ltbs tomato paste
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of borlotti beans or cannellini beans drained
- 1 litre of stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 cup of vegeroni spirals
- 1/3 cup precooked freekeh
- Handful of parsley finely chopped
In a large pot, heat oil and add onions and celery and cook until onions are clear,
Now add zucchini, cabbage, frozen mixed veg and tomatoes and stir to combine. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
Now add the tomato paste and stir to combine and cook for a couple of minutes. Add a bit of water if it is sticking. This will lift all those delicious brown bits from frying the onions earlier.
Now add the beans, and stock and bring to the boil.
Once boiling, turn down the heat and allow veg to cook for 10 minutes.
Now bring back up to the boil, then add the pasta and stir.
Continue to stir occasionally until the pasta is cooked through.
Now add the precooked freekeh. Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.