- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 leeks trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 2 capsicum finely chopped
- 1 zucchini finely chopped
- 4 x 400gm chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cups of liquid stock
- 500 g spiral pasta
Heat the oil in a LARGE pot over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic and herbs and stir for a couple of minutes.
Add the remaining vegetables and cook gently for 15 minutes to soften.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and stock. Stir until combined. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat then allow to simmer for a further 20 minutes.