- 1tbs of oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbs Mexican chilli powder
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced or crushed
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger or 2cm piece of fresh ginger, Peeled and diced finely
- 1 tin of red kidney beans drained
- ½ cup of sour cream (optional)
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 tin of tomato soup
- 250ml of beef stock
- 250g frozen mix vegetables
- 1 bag of corn chips
- 300ml of sour cream
Heat oil in pan and add onion, garlic, spices, capsicum, zucchini and cook gently until soft (be careful not to burn the garlic to avoid it becoming bitter).
Add beef and break up as it cooks.
Add tomatoes, tomato soup, red kidney beans and stock, simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in vegetables and bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer until vegetables are tender.
Spoon the chilli into bowls and place some corn chips around the edge of the bowl.
Spoon a dollop of sour cream on top to serve.