- 500gm of pork sausages
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 diced onion
- 250gm pkt zucchini spaghetti (we call them zoodles)
- 1 carrot peeled and spiralised (diced is fine)
- ½ sweet potato peeled and spiralised (diced is fine)
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and finely diced
- 6 cups of liquid chicken stock
- 800gm crushed tomatoes
- 50gm baby spinach
- ½ cup of soup pasta
- 1 tbs of fresh woody herbs such as thyme and rosemary
Heat the oil on medium heat in a large pot, add onion and cook until soft. Add the pork sausage mince by squeezing out of the skins. Break up sausages with a spoon as they cook.
Add the garlic & herbs, stir through. Now add the tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer.
Add the carrot and sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes.
Now add the soup pasta and stir occasionally while it is cooking.
In the last minute of cooking, add the spinach and zucchini spaghetti. Do not overcook the zoodles!
Optional: To serve, top with parmesan cheese.
Tip#1– If the soup becomes too thick add some more liquid stock.
Tip#2 – Make this a creamy soup by adding ½ cup of cream with the spinach and zoodles.
“The children really enjoy this meal, and we hope your whole family enjoys it too.”