- 1-2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 thumb piece of ginger peeled and diced finely
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 500 gm of chicken breast sliced
- 1 packet of Chang’s Vermicelli Rice noodles Soy sauce to season (1⁄2-1cup)
- Kecap Manis (thick sweet soy sauce)
Heat a large pot on medium to high heat and add the onion and fry until translucent, then add garlic and ginger and fry until aromatic. Meanwhile boil the kettle, add the rice noodles to a large bowl and cover with boiled water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes, but do not drain.
Now, add the chicken to the onion mixture and stir while frying and then add the mixed vegetables.
After the noodles have soaked for 5 minutes, use scissors and ‘chop’ them up into smaller pieces, now add them to the pot along with half the soaking water. Retain the other half of the water in case you need it.
Toss all the ingredients in the pot together and begin adding the soy sauce and mix well. You want to see the noodles change colour.
Taste test and add more soy or kecap manis to taste.
In Miss Fe’s family, they serve this meal with cooked white rice, but it is quite ok to serve without the rice too.