- 1 tbs olive oil
- Half a Jap Pumpkin washed and deseeded-leave skin on
- 1 large, sweet potato peeled and cut into rough chunks.
- 1 large brown onion peeled and cut into rough chunks.
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
- 4 rashers of bacon diced
- 1 tin of lentils drained well
- 250ml of thickened cream
Place the pumpkin, cut side down onto a tray lined with baking paper and roast in a 200 °coven until soft.
About an hour later, in a large pot, heat the oil and add the onion and bacon and fry gently. Add the sweet potato and fry for 3 minutes while stirring.
Add the garlic and lentils then stir fry before adding the stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot for all the tasty brown bits. Bring to a boil, then turn down and let simmer. Scoop the baked pumpkin flesh out and add to the pot.
Pour in the cream and remove from the heat.
Blitz with stick blender and serve with crusty bread.
Tip #1: Add 1 small birds eye chilli and½ tsp smoked paprika to the soup when frying the bacon and onion for a hint of spice.