- 2 cups white self-raising flour
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 cups red capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup green capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup tinned pineapple pieces,
- Canned in natural juice
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 cups light tasty cheese, grated
- 20 slices lean ham, chopped
- 4 eggs, extra large
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, reduced-fat
- 4 tbsp tomato paste,
- salt- reduced Cooking oil spray, to grease muffin tins
Preheat fan-forced oven to 220°C.
Sift the flours into a bowl. Add capsicum, pineapple, parsley, cheese and ham and mix together.
In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, milk and tomato paste together. Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Lightly coat muffin tins with canola or olive oil spray.
Spoon even amounts of the mixture into the muffin tins and finish by sprinkling a little more cheese on top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Cooking time may be longer if baking multiple tins at once. If needed, rotate tins in oven about 15-18 minutes into the cooking time.
Increase the vegetables in this recipe by adding chopped spinach, corn kernels, peas or grated carrot.
Use an ice cream or kitchen scoop to pour muffin mixture into muffin tins. This makes uniform muffin sizes.