- 1 cup of macaroni
- 1 tbs of Oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 425gm tin of tuna drained well
- 250gm frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup of broccoli diced
- 1/2 cup of cauliflower diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 500ml of hot chicken/vegetable stock
- 500ml of heated milk
- 2 heaped tbs of cornflour mixed in cold water to make a roux
Heat oil in a large pot then add onions and fry until clear.
Add garlic and vegetables and stir, cooking until vegetables are soft then add tuna to combine.
Add (hot) stock and milk and bring to the boil.
Add cornflour to thicken sauce and stir through the chives.
Meanwhile bring a pot of water to the boil and then add the pasta and stir occasionally while cooking.
Cook until al dente, then drain before adding to the sauce to combine.
Place combined macaroni and sauce into a baking dish and top with combined breadcrumbs and grated cheese and bake in a 180˚c oven until browned. Serve with Garden Salad.