- 1 tbs oil
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 brown onion finely sliced
- 1 garlic glove
- 250 gm mushrooms sliced
- 500 gm frozen mixed vegetables
- 200ml of thicken cream
- 500 grams diced chicken breast
- 2 stalks eschallots sliced
- 1 packet of French onion soup dissolved in 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 1 to 2 chicken stock cubes dissolved in 2 cups of boiling water
- 2 cups rice
Heat oil in pan and add onion and fry gently until softened.
Add mushrooms and garlic and fry gently until mushrooms have softened (can add a little white wine at this point for an extra French experience)
Add frozen mixed vegetables, zucchini and chicken and stir while cooking for about 3 minutes.
Add French onion soup mixture with chicken stock to pan and allow to come to a simmer
Add cream and stir through. Turn heat to medium/low and allow to gently simmer for about 10 minutes or until veggies are cooked through. The sauce will reduce during this time also.
When cooked toss eschallots into mixture and stir through
Meanwhile bring a pot of water to the boil, then add the rice and cook stirring occasionally until rice is cooked through.
Drain thoroughly and then add chopped chives to rice and stir through.
Serve the county French chicken with rice on the side.