- 2 tbs light Olive oil
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbs of minced ginger
- 1 tbs milk curry powder
- 1⁄4 tsp of chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 red capsicum, 1⁄2 green & 1⁄2 yellow capsicum deseeded and finely diced
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of baked beans in tomato sauce
- Rice or mashed potato to serve
Heat the oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is translucent.
Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, and chili (if using). Cook and stir for another 2 minutes.
Add the capsicum and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes (include the juices), carrots, and baked beans (with their liquid). Cook for 2 more minutes until the mixture is bubbling. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
Serve with rice, buttered toast, flatbread, or mashed potatoes.
-Serves 4 people.