- A drizzle of oil
- 500gm lean beef mince
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- ½ cup greens of choice diced
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 litre of liquid beef stock
- 1 litre of water
- 2 cups of uncooked macaroni
- 2 tsp fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried if you must)
- Shredded basil to serve
Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion, carrot and celery until soft.
Add beef and cook breaking up until browned, then add the garlic and oregano. Cook stirring for a minute or 2.
Add peeled tomatoes, soup, water and broth. Bring to the boil and let simmer for10 minutes with the lid off.
Now add the macaroni and greens. Cook until macaroni is al dente.
Remove from the heat, serve into bowls and top with shredded basil.