- 1 tbs olive oil
- Half a Jap Pumpkin washed, peeled & cut into chunks.
- 1 large, sweet potato peeled and cut into rough chunks.
- 1 large brown onion peeled and cut into rough chunks.
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
- 4 rashers of bacon diced
- 1 tin of lentils drained well
- 250ml of low fat thickened cream
In a large pot, heat the oil and add the onion and bacon and fry gently until you see colour on the bacon bits. Add the sweet potato & pumpkin & toss for 3 minutes. Now, add the garlic and lentils then stir fry before adding the stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot scraping up all the tasty brown bits. Bring to a boil, then turn down and let simmer.
When the vegetables are cooked through, pour in the cream and bring up to a simmer while stirring to combine.
Remove from the heat and blitz with stick blender and serve with a crusty bread of your choice.
A spicy addition tip: Add 1 small birds eye chilli and ½ tsp smoked paprika to the soup when frying the bacon and onion.
Or, add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with dried chilli flakes before serving.