- 1 tbs Oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- An inch of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tin/400gm tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tin/400ml full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup/120ml vegetable liquid stock
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tin/400gm chickpeas, drained.
Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat and add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook for a minute stirring so it doesn’t bur.
Add all the spices and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add a little more oil if it’s too dry. Now add the tomatoes and tomato paste and stir, then cook for 3 minutes.
Now remove the onion spice mix and blend, then return to the pan with the coconut milk, stock and cauliflower. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes then add the chickpeas and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with steamed rice.